VNC on dialup

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Thu Nov 24 17:12:00 2005

Stephen,

Try enabling "Pointer event rate limiting" in the VNC Viewer's options.
This reduces the rate at which pointer events are sent to the server, which
is important when using exceptionally slow connections because the pointer
events' TCP acknowledgement traffic can actually become sufficient to block
out real data from the server!

Connection reset by peer means that the remote end (or something in between
client and server) closed the connection.  It doesn't necessarily indicate a
timeout.  It's worth checking that the server isn't reporting the same
message - if it is then the problem is with something between the viewer &
server, not with the viewer or server themselves.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.