Copy & Paste Linux Mozilla<-->Windows weirdness

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Thu Nov 24 17:01:01 2005

Ronald,

This is a bug in Mozilla (and so also in Galeon, etc).  Mozilla fails to
re-claim the clipboard and/or selection whenever it changes, so other
applications have no way of knowing that it's changed unless they repeatedly
poll the clipboard.

vncconfig provides the "-poll" option to work around X applications that are
broken in this way, allowing you to specify a frequency at which the
clipboard & selection should be polled for changes.

Feel free to report this bug to the Mozilla folks.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.