copy and paste between windows and linux

Felix Steffenhagen felix.steffenhagen "at" gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 08:54:01 2005

I got the copy&paste working. But it isn't very comfortable.

John of Aldrich hit the mark with the hint, starting the vncconfig manually.
Thanks alot.

But til now this is very uncomfortable b/c the users want to use it as easy
as possible, so vncconfig should be started automatically at server start.

Therefore is an entry in the xstartup file (i posted it at the end of the mail).
But it doesn't seem to be running or a another process is blocking it's work.

Thanks,
Felix

Here is my xstartup file:
=======================================
#!/bin/sh
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic -nowindow &
# xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &

#-------------------------------------------
# WindowManager section
#-------------------------------------------
# Commands for running VNC under SunOS
if [ `uname -s` = "SunOS" ]
then
        /usr/dt/bin/dtsession && exit 0
# If running under Linux, GDM login should work because of enabled XDMCP
elif [ `uname -s` = "Linux" ]
then
        GDM_RUNNING=`ps -A | grep gdm-binary`
        # if GDM running run twm for the case, something goes wrong
        if [ "$GDM_RUNNING" != "" ]
        then
                twm &
        # run normal gnome session if GDM is not running
        else
                gnome-session && exit 0
        fi
fi