x0vncserver problems - select: Invalid argument (22)

Kevin kevin "at" bluelavalamp.net
Wed Nov 23 17:52:00 2005

> It's interesting that the kernels on the two computers differ.

	I compile my own kernels and I just haven't upgraded the kernel on
the one machine in a while is all.

> Is there any reason why you'd rather use x0vncserver than the vnc.so
> module?

	I do intend to use the X11 module, it's just that the position I was
in I couldn't get to the machine to install the module so that I can
go that route.  It's more now I'm just wondering why it worked on the
one machine but didn't on the other.  Also x0vncserver is a nice
feature when someone hasn't installed the module but you'd like to
access their desktop for some reason.

	I was able to get x11vnc working which seems to work similarly to
x0vncserver:

http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/