How to hide vnc icon

Erik Soderquist esoderquist "at" mcstamp.com
Wed Nov 23 14:43:02 2005

 thankfully that tends to be true, and presently I have the luxury of
not having to worry about anyone outside the IT department here being
brave enough to even look for regedit. my single largest worry is that I
will become complacent and then move to a job where I really am trying
to lock out hardcore hackers.

--- erik

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of John Aldrich
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 08:57
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: RE: How to hide vnc icon

Most people who are techy enough to know to go into regedit aren't the
ones
who are going to be closing VNC. It's probably the ones who AREN'T as
techy
who are going to close VNC. It's "security by obscurity" all over again.

If you make it difficult enough for people to close the server, most
people
aren't going to bother, IMNSHO. :-)