How to hide vnc icon

Steve Bostedor Steveb "at" tshore.com
Tue Nov 22 20:15:59 2005

How about setting permissions on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\orl and
related registry keys?  You can specify only a certain group (excluding
Administrators) to modify those keys.  That controls things much tighter
than the built-in VNC restrictions.

Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
More than just a VNC manager!

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of Erik Soderquist
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 2:34 PM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Cc: soderquist.erik "at" gmail.com
Subject: RE: How to hide vnc icon

unfortunately for me, most CAD packages that I have to support here
require the user to have admin privilege or the CAD package won't work.
in my testing, "won't work" varies between spurious errors during
program load (AutoCAD) to program comes up with a message explicitly
stating that the user must have admin privilege (UGNX) and then closing.

*shrugs*

domain policy doesn't let CAD users change system service settings, but
I have had CAD users kill off VNC before trying to free up system
resources.

--- erik