How to hide vnc icon

Erik Soderquist esoderquist "at" mcstamp.com
Tue Nov 22 19:34:01 2005

unfortunately for me, most CAD packages that I have to support here
require the user to have admin privilege or the CAD package won't work.
in my testing, "won't work" varies between spurious errors during
program load (AutoCAD) to program comes up with a message explicitly
stating that the user must have admin privilege (UGNX) and then closing.

*shrugs*

domain policy doesn't let CAD users change system service settings, but
I have had CAD users kill off VNC before trying to free up system
resources.

--- erik

-----Original Message-----
From: James Weatherall [mailto:jnw "at" realvnc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:31
To: Erik Soderquist; vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Cc: soderquist.erik "at" gmail.com
Subject: RE: How to hide vnc icon

Erik & Marcello,

This is not necessary unless the users in question are administrators on
the
server computers, in which case there is nothing you can do to stop them
tampering with the machine if they wish to.

Non-administrative users cannot modify VNC 4 settings, nor can they
shutdown
the Service-Mode server.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.