How to hide vnc icon

Jerry Westrick jerry "at" westrick.com
Tue Nov 22 04:01:02 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 20:42, Marcelo Oliveira wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like if is possible to hide vnc server icon on taskbar???
>
> I need this because anibody are shutdowning vnc server!!
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Marcelo Oliveira

Marcelo:

This has been discussed many times on this, and other lists.  The answer is
not only no, but NO.  The people who wrote/write the software fear it's
misuse (if that was allowed), more than any benefit they feel you can get
from such an option.

You have 3 solutions:

If your need is only to stop anybody from stopping the service, then you can
achieve that while leaving the icon in the taskbar.

If you still require to have the Icon removed, then you need to use on the
other variants of vnc, which have such an option...

Or you can start your own variant of the vnc and build in the required
modifications yourself, (or have someone do it for you).

Jerry

P.S.  the views represented here, are my understanding of the situation, and
not necessarily those of the authors of the software.  I ask for apologies if
I mis-represented anyone.  8-)