VPN and VNC Again

Ramsdell, Amy aramsdel "at" bnl.gov
Fri Nov 18 02:19:00 2005

Forgive if the answer to this question is in past lists.  I have been searching and can't seem to find it.

	I am using Cisco's VPN Client 4.0.1 to access the lan at work.  I can remote desktop into the servers that I need to get to once I have the VPN connection.  My problem is I installed RealVNC server on my work pc (Windows 2000) to try to access it from home using the VNCViewer and I can't get it working.

	While I am tunneled in to the LAN I can ping my work pc, but I get a connection timed out if I enter that same IP into the Viewer.  At work, to test I tried to connect to my work pc from my work pc (the VNC server). I can connect using both the Java Viewer and the VNC Viewer so I assume the VNC server is configured correctly.

	From home thru the VPN to connect to any shared drives I always have to log in with my network password.  I am wondering if this has something to do with it.  Reading the lists, someone had mentioned after you make a connection this way or in Outlook you should be able to use the VNC Viewer but I still can't.

	Any advice for a non-techy?

	Thanks,
	Amy