[VNC] RE: Screen artifacts...

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Tue Nov 15 12:37:16 2005

Ashley,

The first thing I'd recommend is that you replace the RedHat-provided RPM
with ours, because the one they provide includes a load of patches that they
have made.

Re your responses:

2.  x0vncserver is a simple polling VNC server for X, that makes the X
desktop on which it run available remotely.

3.  We have test systems running the i810 driver and vnc.so, which do not
show the artefacts you describe.  It may be, however, that the problem is in
the precise graphics chipset that you're using, since the i810 driver covers
a large range of chipsets.

If by "Remote Desktop" you mean the remote access support provided by Gnome
or KDE, I think those were both based on our old VNC 3 codebase and behave
somewhat like x0vncserver.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.