[VNC] RE: Screen artifacts...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley "at" pcraft.com
Mon Nov 14 20:40:02 2005

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> James Weatherall wrote:
>
>> 3.  Which brand of graphics card are you using, and are you sure you
>> have
>> the latest XFree86/Xorg drivers for it?
>>
>    It's on-board video, based on the Intel i815 Chipset.  Whether I
> actually have the latest drivers, I don't know.  This is a freshly
> installed machine with all the updates applied.

    Actually, now that I looked around a bit, it appears the only driver
for this chipset is the i810, which is what it on the system.  It looks
to have been provided by xorg-x11-6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2

    Not sure if this tells you anything...

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley "at" pcraft.com>   .   303.442.6410 x130