Viewer not updating the display

John Aldrich JAldrich "at" covista.com
Mon Nov 14 18:23:46 2005

Well, my thought was that he might be trying to use a VNC4.x .vnc file with
a TightVNC or UltraVNC viewer or something... *shrug*

-----Original Message-----
From: James Weatherall [mailto:jnw "at" realvnc.com]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 1:13 PM
To: 'John Aldrich'; 'Adnan Khan'; vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: RE: Viewer not updating the display

John,

Re 1, 2 and 3 - without firewalling exceptions, Adnan wouldn't even be able
to get a connection between viewer and server.  As it is he *ash* got a
connection, but is having problems getting display updates.

Re 3b - VNC Viewers and Servers of different versions may be used
interchangably, albeit at the cost of loss of features specific to the newer
releases.

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.