William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Mon Nov 14 15:59:00 2005

Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3 wrote:
>> That's interesting.  I experienced that once also, but I figured out
>> that .vnc was registered to my UltraVNC vncviewer.exe and not the RealVNC
>> version 4 viewer.exe.  Try right-clicking the .vnc file that you created
>> and choose top "Open With".  Browse for the vncviewer.exe that exists
>> with the version 4 of the server and tell it to open with that.
>
> I have in that directory two files. One is tightvncviewer.exe, and with
> this I get the aforementioned error message. The other one is
> vncviewer.exe, and with it I get a different error message: "unable to
> resolve host by name".

Verify that the VNCviewer.exe is the version 4 vncviewer.  Also verify
that it is using the correct command line.  See the archive link below for
details.

http://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2005-February/049209.html

--
William Hooper