Screen artifacts...

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley "at" pcraft.com
Mon Nov 14 15:56:00 2005

    I have an FC4 server running Gnome with vnc-server installed and
configured to run on :0 (so I can get the login screen remotely.)  From
there I use my Windows XP workstation with vnc-viewer to get to the
server.  However, I'm getting some artifacts on the screen as I have
menus open and close and application windows doing the same.  You can
see a screen grab at http://www.yeehaw.net/vnc.jpg

    My vnc-viewer is set to use all available colors, and the connection
is going over a 100Mbit local network.  I notice the same exact thing
when I'm at home, accessing the server via cable modem.

    Any suggestions?

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley "at" pcraft.com>   .   303.442.6410 x130