John Aldrich JAldrich "at" covista.com
Mon Nov 14 15:28:02 2005

That's really odd... I have no such problems here... then again, I don't
normally use VNC shortcuts with IP addresses instead of machine names...
*shrug*

-----Original Message-----
From: Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3
[mailto:mn-pg-p-e-b-consultant-3.com "at" siemens.com]
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 10:12 AM
To: John Aldrich; vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: RE: Loading configuration file (was: Session without typing
password?)

> Hmm... no, to the best of my knowledge, that shouldn't be a
> problem. I'm not
> sure what the problem would be... since that appears to be a "live" IP
> address (externally resolveable, that is)  do you have a
> firewall / router
> between your workstation and the server? Can you PING that
> host by IP?

Yes, I can.
> If
> you can ping it by IP,  then you should have no problems
> reaching it with
> VNC by IP.

Oh, I can reach the VNC server - this is no problem. I just can't reach
it
by starting the config file.

If I just start the vncviewer and type in the password (the IP address
was memorized
from the last invocation, so I don't have to type it again), I am
connected.

It is just that it is inconvenient to always type the password. I have
to terminate
and restart the vncviewer often, because it looses the ability to
synchronize the
Windows clipboard from the X clipboard from time to time. Restarting the
Viewer
remedies this situation, and I have to ususally do this between 2 and 5
times per
working day.

Ronald