Steve Bostedor Steveb "at" tshore.com
Mon Nov 14 15:08:08 2005

That's interesting.  I experienced that once also, but I figured out
that .vnc was registered to my UltraVNC vncviewer.exe and not the
RealVNC version 4 viewer.exe.  Try right-clicking the .vnc file that you
created and choose top "Open With".  Browse for the vncviewer.exe that
exists with the version 4 of the server and tell it to open with that.

I believe that the difference is that the vnc4 viewer doesn't put in the
port=5900 in the config file and the vnc3 based viewers expect that.
Instead, the RealVNC 4 viewer just puts host:port as the host.

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 9:35 AM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Loading configuration file (was: Session without typing
password?)

BTW, below you find the configuration file which VNCviewer fails to load
("Failed to get server address. Did you type the host name correctly?").
Maybe it does not like the Host be specified by IP address only? But I
have only the IP address, nothing else...

[Connection]
Host=139.23.12.168:32
Password=...
[Options]
UseLocalCursor=1
UseDesktopResize=1
FullScreen=0
FullColour=1
LowColourLevel=1
PreferredEncoding=hextile
AutoSelect=1
Shared=0
SendPtrEvents=1
SendKeyEvents=1
SendCutText=1
AcceptCutText=1
Emulate3=0
PointerEventInterval=0
Monitor=\\.\DISPLAY1
MenuKey=F8

--
Ronald Fischer (phone +49-89-63676431)
mailto:mn-pg-p-e-b-consultant-3.com "at" siemens.com