John Aldrich JAldrich "at" covista.com
Mon Nov 14 15:05:07 2005

Hmm... no, to the best of my knowledge, that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not
sure what the problem would be... since that appears to be a "live" IP
address (externally resolveable, that is)  do you have a firewall / router
between your workstation and the server? Can you PING that host by IP? If
you can ping it by IP,  then you should have no problems reaching it with
VNC by IP.

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com]On
Behalf Of Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 9:35 AM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Loading configuration file (was: Session without typing
password?)

BTW, below you find the configuration file which VNCviewer fails
to load ("Failed to get server address. Did you type the host
name correctly?"). Maybe it does not like the Host be specified
by IP address only? But I have only the IP address, nothing else...

[Connection]
Host=139.23.12.168:32
Password=...
[Options]
UseLocalCursor=1
UseDesktopResize=1
FullScreen=0
FullColour=1
LowColourLevel=1
PreferredEncoding=hextile
AutoSelect=1
Shared=0
SendPtrEvents=1
SendKeyEvents=1
SendCutText=1
AcceptCutText=1
Emulate3=0
PointerEventInterval=0
Monitor=\\.\DISPLAY1
MenuKey=F8

--
Ronald Fischer (phone +49-89-63676431)
mailto:mn-pg-p-e-b-consultant-3.com "at" siemens.com