Viewer not updating the display

John Aldrich JAldrich "at" covista.com
Mon Nov 14 15:00:01 2005

Several questions:
1) Are you using the built-in XP firewall?
2) If so, did you put in an exception for VNC3.3.7 in the firewall?
3) Did you put in an exception for WINVNC4.EXE (Server) What about the
viewer On my XP system, the Viewer is located at "C:\Program
Files\RealVNC\VNC4\vncviewer.exe" which is VERY likely to be different than
the VNC3.3.7 viewer.
4) Any other firewalls you may have added since upgrading to VNC4?

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com]On
Behalf Of Adnan Khan
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 9:14 AM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Viewer not updating the display

Having problems with VNC 4.1.1 viewer (WinXP).
The viewer is not updating the display.  When I move
the mouse around, the vnc client display is frozen,
but when I look over at the server's screen I can see
the mouse mouse pointer moving around and windows
popping up, etc.    Anyone got the same problem???
I'm running WinXP on both client and server.  Never
had this problem with VNC 3.3.7.

Thanks,
Adnan Khan