Session without typing password?

Steve Bostedor Steveb "at" tshore.com
Mon Nov 14 14:03:01 2005

I strongly advise against trying to run a VNC server with no password.
That should never be an option.  It's one thing to save the password for
your personal viewer but it's not wize at all to open that up to the
whole world.

Most flavors of VNC actually prevnt this from happening.  I think that
all knowledgable users of this list would agree that this avenue should
not be considered given that there are other more secure ways to do what
you are asking.

The /password switch isn't available for all flavors of VNC server.  Do
a vncviewer /? To check yours.

Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
More than just a VNC manager!

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of Yury Averkiev
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 8:42 AM
To: 'Com MN PG P E B Consultant 3'
Cc: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: RE: Session without typing password?

Ronald,
it can be done if you set empty password in the VNC server properties.
But this is a huge security hole.
It's also possible to pass password to a vncviewer.exe using /password
command-line switch.

Best regards,
Yury

SmartCode Solutions - The VNC Manager Creator
WWW: http://www.s-code.com
Tel: +1 (650) 276-0434 or +65 91125904
Fax: +1 (650) 227-6669