I can connect

John Aldrich JAldrich "at" covista.com
Thu Nov 10 13:56:01 2005

Chris:
It sounds like the problem is your network at the remote side. You can
either use something to "tunnel" the connection or you can get the IT
department to allow you to connect out to the internet. I strongly recommend
the latter option, as you'll have a lot of explaining to do if you get
caught!

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com]On
Behalf Of chris downs
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 1:33 AM
To: VNC-List "at" realvnc.com
Subject: I can connect

I got a friend on the phone and had him download the
viewer.  He could ping and telnet me. Then he ran the
viewer.  His MacAfee anti-viral gave a warning and
asked if he wanted to continue.  After that it was
SUCCESS!!  So my original problem must be in the
system where my remote viewer was located.  Any ideas
what I should do at the viewing site to be able to
access my server?  I anticipate connecting from
various sites with firewalls and some really
restrictive net filtering installed.

Anyway, thanks a lot for helping me thru this so far!