Can't Connect

Alex Pelts alexp "at" broadcom.com
Wed Nov 9 20:52:00 2005

There is also possibility that your company is blocking all ports going
out, except some. For instance port 80 and 21 are allowed but anything
else is blocked.
You can verify this by telnetting to a different ports. If port is
blocked you may get a long timeout. If it is not blocked you will get a
short timeout with connection refused message.

Although at my work I get short timeout when port is blocked with no
messages. I guess it depends on how firewall at your workplace is
configured.

You can pick one port that is open, 80 being most likely example, and
configure server to listen on this port.

Do you have a proxy in your web browser? If you do, your company most
likely blocking all of the ports and you will have little luck getting out.

Regards,
Alex