Connecting on multiple displays, e.g. 0, 1, 2 (Windows)

William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Tue Nov 8 21:50:00 2005

transparent wrote:

> What I can't figure out is if it's supposed to be possible to connect
> to the three different displays (0,1,2 on ports 5900,5901,5902) separately
> from either the same computer or different computers.

You can't.  I guess the specific wording from the older versions isn't in
the newer docs:

http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/3.3.7/winvnc.html

"VNC does not make a Windows machine into a multi-user server in the same
way that Citrix-based software or Windows Terminal Server, for example,
does. A single Windows machine can therefore be accessed by multiple
users, but if they all connect at the same time they will all see the same
desktop! "

--
William Hooper