Setting diff. passwords for vncserver/s owned by a single user

Vipul Patel vpatel "at" water.com
Tue Nov 8 13:52:00 2005

Hi-

I have been using vncserver on Linux and vncviewer on Windows to manage
my Unix servers.

I am in the process of setting up vncservers for developers on a Linux
server (Red Hat). I want to create a common user "vncuser" and run
several vncserver's under this user and give access to developers to
these servers. However, I want to setup different passwords for each of
the server owned by vncuser; so each developer has their owner server to
access. The developer will access vncserver via Windows VNC client.

1.	Is this possible? Following the documentation and using
vncpasswd, changes the password for all the vncservers owned by the
vncuser.
2.	Is there any other way to handle this? As I will have to manage
these servers, I want to reduce the maintenance on managing these
servers and thus want to create a single user on Linux.

Thanks,

-Vipul