Keeping the client's IP address visible for a longer time

Steve Bostedor Steveb "at" tshore.com
Mon Nov 7 04:02:01 2005

Can you just have them run ipconfig from a command prompt to tell you?

Alternatively, you can download a little applet named MyDetails from
http://www.vncscan.com/mydetails.zip and toss the .exe on each desktop.

Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
More than just a VNC manager!

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of John Lynes
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 7:18 PM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Keeping the client's IP address visible for a longer time

I've used this product for many years, and I must say that it has been a
great tool. The only issue is keeping the IP address visible for a
longer period of time. I normally have the person roll their mouse over
the VNC icon in the systray, they read the IP, and I connect to them for
troubleshooting. The IP goes away in roughly five seconds, and will not
come back. Any thoughts about this? Thanks...