TridiaVNC.com misinformation campaign

Steve Bostedor Steveb "at" tshore.com
Sun Nov 6 02:43:01 2005

Definitely.  Any remote administration product can be configured in an
insecure manner that allows anonymous remote access ... Including the
one that they are trying to sell as a replacement for VNC.

In my opinion, it's just unethical marketing tactics.  They aren't just
saying that it is insecure if misconfigures, though.  They are saying
that you CAN'T configure it to be secure by misreporting the feature
set.

Steve Bostedor
http://www.vncscan.com
More than just a VNC manager

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-tight-list-admin "at" lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:vnc-tight-list-admin "at" lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Ook
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:03 PM
To: vnc-tight-list "at" lists.sourceforge.net; vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Re: TridiaVNC.com misinformation campaign

Can you not say the same about other remote control products -
pcAnywhere, Dell KVM, etc.? Sure, you can configure them for logging,
but who does? You can scan the Internet at any time and find computers
running pcaw with NO password at all.