connection timed out (10060)

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Sat Nov 5 15:59:01 2005

Jerry & Paul,

The error message in question does *NOT* mean that the server isn't running,
but that the IP address you specified is not responding *at all*, indicating
that there's a firewall in place, or it's the wrong IP address, etc.  If the
server wasn't running, you'd instead get "Connection refused".

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.