Key mappings

Massimo Conter emmexx "at" tiscalinet.it
Fri Nov 4 14:43:01 2005

I've got a distressing problem with VNC.

The VNC server is a win2k pro pc. (I'll call it pcA)

I used vncviewer as client from both xp and linux, without any problem.

 From a pc with slackware 10.1 I always could connect...

I trashed the latter pc and started to use vncviewer to connect to the
former (pcA) from a Toshiba Satellite S5100-201 with Slackware 10.1.

I tried to connect to pcA from another pc (win98se) and there's no problem.

I tried to connect from the laptop client to an XP vnc server and
there's no problem.

PcA VNC version: 4.0
Laptop VNC version: 4.1.1

The problem:

When I type number or letters there's no problem.
When I type other characters I get the following:

(this is an italian keyboard, 1st column is what I type on the client,
2nd column is the character on the key of the client, 3rd column is what
  I get in notepad or wordpad or whatever)

shift+1 (!)    >>> !
shift+2 (")    >>> 0
shift+3 (#)    >>> nothing
shift+4 ($)    >>> $
shift+5 (%)    >>> %
shift+6 (&)    >>> /
shift+7 (/)    >>> y
shift+8 (()    >>> )
shift+9 ())    >>> =
shift+0 (=)    >>> +
'        >>> `
shift+' (?)    >>> '
l        >>> nothing
shift+l (^)    >>> &
h        >>> nothing
shift+h (i)    >>> nothing
AltGr+h    ([)    >>> '
+        >>> *
shift++ (*)    >>> (
AltGr++ (])    >>> l
y        >>> nothing
shift+y (')    >>> nothing
r        >>> nothing
shift+r    (g)    >>> nothing
AltGr+r    (@)    >>> "
`        >>> nothing
shift+`    (0)    >>> nothing
AltGr+`    (#)    >>> #
,        >>> ,
shift+, (;)    >>> h
.        >>> .
shift+. (:)    >>> i
shift+- (_)    >>> _
shift+\ (|)    >>> |
shift+< (>)    >>> :

The archive of this ML and google didn't help me... :-(

Any suggestion?

Thanks
	maxx