Connection Blacklisted?

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Thu Nov 3 16:24:00 2005

Joe,

A particular IP address will become blacklisted by VNC Server when five
consecutive connection attempts have failed to authenticate.  There is then
a ten second delay before another connection attempt will be permitted -
during this period any connection attempts will fail with the error message
you describe.  After this period, one more attempt is permitted, otherwise
the address is blacklisted again, this time for twenty seconds, and so on.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.