RealVNC questions about ports and display number

S. I. Becker stewart "at" sibecker.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 15:42:01 2005

> The problem I do have is connecting to my wireless  laptop
> althoug I can connect to it when it is hardwired
>
> I can conect OUT with the wireless just not in
>
> Using DYNDNS.org
> I can get clients to call me; I can call myself when I am off-site
>
> D-Link 804v Router
> Virtual Server Settings
> RULE    inside     IP
[snip]
> 05.     192.168.8.101     5905 ~ 5905    - Laptop Server [display Zero]

Steve,

Does your laptop have the same IP address no matter which connection it
uses?  For instance it has IP address 192.168.8.101 when connected by cable,
but it might have a different one when connecting via wireless.  This is
something that's tripped me up before now.

Stewart [NutmeG] Becker