RealVNC questions about ports and display number

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Wed Nov 2 19:06:01 2005

Evets,

Please provide the following details:

1.  What port forwarding rules have you set up in your router?

2.  What ports have you configured VNC Server to use to accept VNC
connections, and to serve the Java VNC Viewer on?

3.  Have you tried connecting using a native VNC Viewer, and if so then what
have you entered into the Server field of the Connection Details box when
trying to connect?  What is the EXACT error you get when trying to connect?

4.  The URLs above look like you're trying to use the Java VNC Viewer,
except that the port number you are trying to use is almost certainly wrong.
Are you trying to use the Java VNC Viewer and if so, what EXACT URL are you
using?  Does the viewer load but then fail to connect, or simply not load?

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.