What on Earth is Session Zero?

Arthur Simpatico arthursim "at" yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 15:36:01 2005

Or look into whether or not your router can do Static DHCP assignments, but
you definitely want a set IP and not a dynamic IP assigned by a DHCP server.

Here's what I do.  I assign static IP's on both sides on the connection.  I
port forward 5900 on BOTH routers to the appropriate IP's on both sides
(assuming there are routers on both sides).  Setting a DMZ is useless since
in many routers this has nothing to do with port forwarding.  This can be
confusing for sure, but once you understand the basics of how NAT works,
this makes perfect sense.

I've stopped 83,729 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam and fraud protection at
http://www.cloudmark.com/safetybarsig/?rc=f9r9z

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of John Aldrich
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:12 AM
To: 'Stephen'; William Hooper
Cc: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: RE: What on Earth is Session Zero?

Not necessarily. Do you have the machines set up to receive IP addresses via
DHCP (automagically) or do you have the IP addresses hard-coded?
Even if you have them set up to receive an IP address automatically via
DHCP, there's no guarantee of which machine will get what address. That's
why it's a good idea to hard-code the IP address on the machine, especially
in cases like this where you want a specific machine to receive a connection
forwarded from the outside.