using a single viewer for multiple servers

Steve Bostedor Steveb "at" tshore.com
Wed Nov 2 04:23:00 2005

I agree that the bandwidth requirement could be a bottleneck for that
many open viewers.  You could use VNC Scan (http://www.vncscan.com) to
launch them in thumbnail view and then tile them from the task tray if
the bandwidth use isn't too overwhelming.

Thank you,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of evets dranem
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 10:42 PM
To: Boudreaux, Mark; vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: Re: using a single viewer for multiple servers

Boudreaux, Mark wrote:

>I tried looking but I haven't seen this topic addressed.  I want to use

>VNC in a classroom setting where the student computers will be servers
>and the teacher computer will use the viewer.  (I've seen plenty of
>threads trying to do the opposite - one server to multiple viewers.)
>But what I'm looking for is a way to have one viewer easily look at up
>to 30 servers simultaneously, without running 30 separate instances of
>the viewer.  Is there somebody who has already done something like this

>and knows of any way to make it happen?  It would be nice if it could
>be automated, since the hosts are always the same.  It would even be
>nicer if I could have all of the screens showing as thumbnail size and
>then they could be maximized as needed.  We're using a mix of Windows
platforms - mostly 98 and XP.

>Mark Boudreaux
>Network Manager - STHS

the item you want to do i launch 30 viewers each pointing at the
students PC

each window  will be unique
there are some utilties to tile windows
and you can maximize which ever window you are interested in

you will need substantial bandwidth
being inside the classroom if runnign 100 bas ethernet shoud be quite
sufficient as I have found VNC requires about 15K per second which is
only 450K per second easi;y acheivable with 100 base ethernet

evets