Accept Connections From

John Aldrich JAldrich "at" covista.com
Tue Nov 1 16:13:00 2005

I've got a problem, that I think is related to the "accept connections from"
info... I'm getting the "Connection Refused 10061" error here trying to
access my XP Pro box. In my VNC Server options it just said "+" in there, so
I changed it to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0.  I do NOT get a "login" box, just the
prompt to put in the name/ip of the machine I want to connect to and it
tries to connect. Before I get the login prompt, I get the connection
refused error.

As I said, I *think* it may be related to that, but I don't know for sure.
I'm trying to connect across the LAN, just across the room in my office to
be exact. I have made sure that the firewall is *DISABLED* and even done my
usual suggestion of allowing winvnc4.exe to pass the firewall and allowed
port 5900 through the firewall, again even though it's disabled.

I'd like to be able to connect to my machine from home (through the VPN here
at work) if I need to.
	Thanks
	John