What on Earth is Session Zero?

John Aldrich JAldrich "at" covista.com
Tue Nov 1 15:17:01 2005

Stephen:
Are you running any antivirus software, such as "Norton Internet Security"?
There is sufficient anecdotal evidence that some antivirus products actively
block VNC because they perceive it as "malware" due to the fact that it
could be misused.

The first thing I would try is to connect from your Windows ME box to your
XP box and see if that works. If it doesn't, try the following:
Start ->Run ->Telnet <ip.of.xp.box> 5900
and see if you get an "RFB" prompt. If you don't, then your machine is not
accepting connections. My XP Pro box appears to be having the same problem,
but I'm not blaming it on VNC, because it works fine on other XP boxes.