Xvnc via xinetd Linux - login and desktop issues

Collins, Kevin (MindWorks) KCollins "at" chevrontexaco.com
Wed Jun 1 21:18:00 2005

If you install the Enterprise version, you can use the vnc from xinetd
and autheticate via your linux passwd.

Here is what one of my xinetd entries looks like:

service vnc-1024x768x8
{
          protocol = tcp
          socket_type = stream
          wait = no
          user = nobody
          server = /usr/bin/Xvnc
          server_args = -inetd -query myhostname -fp unix/:7100 -once
-SecurityTypes=RA2 -UserPasswdVerifier=none -ge
ometry 1024x768 -depth 8
}

And the matching /etc/services entry:

vnc-1024x768x8 5952/tcp