VNC Viewer : Error "unable to connect to hotst: Connection refused (10061)"

James Weatherall jnw "at" realvnc.com
Fri Nov 19 11:17:00 2004

Ron,

10061 means that the server computer was contactable, but not accepting
connections on the port you were trying to connect to.  This might be
because VNC Server 4 was not running, or because it couldn't open the
required port.

Given that you are running 3.3.3R3 alongside 4, I'd guess that you started 4
after you started 3.3.3R3 and that you haven't told 4 to run on a different
port number yet - in that case it will try to open the same port as 3.3.3R3,
fail, and not try to re-open that port until it is restarted or a setting is
changed.

Regards,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.