Broadcast teacher's desktop in SuSE 9.1
paucabot "at" vodafone.es
Sat Nov 6 17:16:01 2004
I finally found a solution to:
If you remember, I was searching for some way to display the same X
session the teacher was using to all pupils' screen. I found one
solution. These are the steps:
1. Install "kdenetwork3-vnc" (for the clients) and "tightvnc" (for the
2. Start the VNC server: vncserver :1. You'll be asked for two
passwords. Read/Write (for the teacher) and Read Only (for the pupils).
It will automatically create ~/.vnc folder.
3. Stop server: vncserver -kill :1
4. Modify ~/.vnc/xstartup, leaving in this file only "startkde &".
5. Start again the VNC server: vncserver :1
6. Start teacher's client: kdrc localhost:1 , with the first password to
be able to control the desktop. It will open a NEW desktop where the
teacher will be able to demonstrate things to his/her pupils.
7. Start the pupil's client: kdrc ip_teacher:1 , with the second
password to only be able to "watch" what's happening.
8. Stop the server: vncserver -kill :1
Hope it helps, Pau.