Broadcast teacher's desktop
paucabot "at" vodafone.es
Mon Nov 1 09:08:00 2004
I'm a teacher in a Majorcan school and I would like to use vnc as a
"teacher desktop viewer": the pupils should be able to watch in their
own screen the actions the teacher do in his/her desktop. Do you know
the way to do it?
I have read a lot but i have not been able to find a solution for my
Things I have tried:
- krfb+krdc (only allows one client)
- vncserver+vncclient (dispays me a different X session)
- x11vnc: http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/ (it works in Debian, but not
- xf4vnc: http://xf4vnc.sourceforge.net (I cannot boot X with the new
XF86Config generated by the program)
Things I have NOT tried:
- XMX: http://www.cs.brown.edu/software/xmx
- NX: http://www.mirrors.net.ar/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/X/NX/
- This: http://www.realvnc.com/v4/x0.html
What do you recommend me? Which would be the easiest way to solve it?
I am using SuSE Linux 9.1 on both teacher and pupil's machine.
Thanks in advance,
Escola Mata de Jonc
Ciutat de Mallorca