taking over local dispay

Igor Selivanov iselivanov "at" glowpoint.com
Tue Mar 30 15:25:01 2004

Hello,

   Yes, I am sorry, I forgot to say the system I am using it on.  I have the
vnc server installed on a RedHat 9 machine.  PCAnywhere allows one person to
work at the monitor, call someone, and have them take a look at exactly what
they are seeing at the monitor remotely.  From what I am seeing, I am
required to start vnc on a free display.  But that will give me a brand new
desktop, independent of the desktop displayed to the monitor.  What I need to
do is remotely operate on the desktop that is being displayed to the monitor.
Is there a way to start vnc server so it does that?