[SPAM] - RE: router config to work with VNC

Glenn Lovitz lovitzg "at" pogoproducing.com
Mon Mar 29 10:58:59 2004

Tom,

Since you changed to transparent bridge the only way to get back into
ActionTec config will be direct Ethernet connect and 192.168.0.1.  Since you
set this option there really is nothing else to do on the ActionTec side as it
is no longer routing, providing DHCP, etc.  192.168.0.1 will not and should
not work through the D-Link.  BTW, to get back into it you will also need to
set the PC you are using with a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.xxx (where
xxx=2-254) and specify the gateway as 192.168.0.1.

Now you need to complete the D-Link configuration.  This also requires that
you use a fixed IP address(es) for the VNC target computer(s).  I have a
Netgear, but from your routers docs page 20, looks like you need to set up
what D-Link calls virtual servers.  In your case for VNC, you need 1 per
machine for web access and 1 per machine for viewer access.  Setup for 2
machines as follows:

Virtual Server 1: Name  = VNC5800
			Private IP = 10.10.10.xxx (where xxx=target machine)
			Protocol = TCP
			Private Port = 5800
			Public Port = 5800
			Schedule = Always

Virtual Server 2: Name = VNC5900
			Private IP = 10.10.10.xxx (where xxx=target machine)
			Protocol = TCP
			Private Port = 5900
			Public Port = 5900
			Schedule = Always

Virtual Server 3: Name  = VNC5801
			Private IP = 10.10.10.xxx (where xxx=target machine)
			Protocol = TCP
			Private Port = 5800
			Public Port = 5801
			Schedule = Always

Virtual Server 4: Name = VNC5901
			Private IP = 10.10.10.xxx (where xxx=target machine)
			Protocol = TCP
			Private Port = 5900
			Public Port = 5901
			Schedule = Always

Note that since your router does both port forwarding and translation
(re-direction) you specify all your internal ports as 5800 & 5900
respectively.  Connecting to the correct external port should connect properly
internally.  Try the first 2 on one computer and see if you can get to the VNC
ports.  Also you are using the 205.208.x.x external address yes?

I will be really surprised if you are not up and running after this.

Regards,

Glenn Lovitz

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]