router config to work with VNC

Peter Coulter peter "at" coulter.ndo.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 11:13:00 2004

OK Still here! For  a while!

In what way is it not working? Are you getting any error message(s)? "server
not connecting" or something of that ilk?

Back-tracking a wee bit ... You are sure the router and configs are OK and
you are 100% happy appropriate ports are open?
Also: if you have any software firewall disable that (for the time being
only -- once you get this working get that SW firewall back on again and
configured as necessary to allow traffic thru on the required ports).

One issue I did suffer when trying to connect home <--> work was the
corporate firewall. After a lot of investigaion I just could not get that to
work (even though I knew VNC viewer and server were workin fine to
elsewhere). The  corporate proxy/firewall just would not play ball and in
the end I had to resort to running VNCviewer over a SSH secure tunnel.
That does not quire sound like your issue but it is something to consider
(as far as I could see I got the seeion toa start, the username/password
dialog appear I completed that and hit OK - and it never came back.

Peter Coulter