router config to work with VNC

Fri Mar 26 14:23:00 2004

	I'm afraid you misunderstood what he meant.  Since your Dlink device is a router, not a switch, the network segments on both side of it should have different addresses.

	In other words:
* the segment between modem and the router has an address of, for example, 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
Actually, I think 192.168.0.x is assigned by the modem because in this segment, the modem acts as a DHCP server while the WAN port of the router acts as a DHCP client.

* the segment between the router and the PC's has an address of, for example, 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
In this segment, the router is DHCP server while your PC's the client.

	Then configure your modem as well as your router and you should make it work.