ZlibHex Error

W. Brian Blevins brian.blevins "at" tridia.com
Thu Mar 25 01:54:00 2004

Undoubtedly, James is correct about CotVNC becoming confused.  Likely
it is misinterpreting the length of a message and loosing "framing".  So,
it
probably attempts to interpret the start of a message in the wrong place
and the message type for ZlibHex (8) happens to be the value it finds.
ZlibHex itself may or may not be at fault.

From an immediate workaround point of view, it would be best to select a
specific encoding and have CotVNC stick with it.  (Viewers can change
encodings at any time in RFB/VNC, if so configured.)  If it is possible to

disable automatic encoding selection, that would be the first step of a
workaround.  Then try various encodings until you find the optimal one for

your applications and network connectivity.

Obviously feedback to the CotVNC team for a fix would be best.

Good luck,

Brian

--
Brian Blevins

Tridia, Turning Downtime Into Uptime. (tm)
http://www.tridia.com/

Tridia's Mission: To always exceed our customers' expectations by providing
the absolute best software products backed by outstanding technical support
and customer service.  Please let us know how we are doing:
brian . blevins @ tridia.com or ceo-hotline @ tridia.com.