router config to work with VNC

Tom Knowlton tom "at" buyersfund.com
Thu Mar 25 00:14:00 2004

Does this diagram help any?  (until I can get Kaboodle up and running)

http://www.knowltonfamily.com/config_port_forward.gif

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott C. Best [mailto:sbest "at" best.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 12:09 PM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Cc: Tom Knowlton
Subject: Re: router config to work with VNC

Tom:
	Apologies in advance for the shameless promotion here, but it
just so happens to solve your problem. :)

	One way to get VNC to work without needing to configure your
router at all is to use Kaboodle. Via the KaboodleProxy capability
(see http:///www.Kaboodle.org/KaboodleProxy.html), neither side of
the connection needs to touch their firewall/router at all. Plus the
VNC connection is now Zebedee-secured. It's free to try, cheap to
buy, and very well supported :)

	I'm currently working on modifying the VNC Server and Viewer
so that they can utilize an echoServer (like KaboodleProxy) directly
without having to be tunneled as part of a Kaboodle VPN connection.
It should be fairly straightforward as the "hard part" of the proxy
coding is already done.

hope this helps,
Scott