Norton Internet security and VNC

E. Sprow brakepro "at" adelphia.net
Wed Mar 24 02:35:01 2004

Hello,

We have been using vnc in our organization for over a month now; we also use
Norton Internet Security.  I configured (or thought I did) NIS to allow
connections between vnc server/viewer.  I can actually see them in the program
access list on NIS.  BUT.....we have to disable the NIS on the server end in
order to connect, despite configuring firewall access for this.  WHY????  The
viewer can get out of NIS just fine, but no connections from viewers will be
accepted unless NIS is disabled.

Believe me, this IS added (server and viewer) to every machine running Norton.

Help please anyone!
thanks,
Elke