Connecting DSL PC to Dial-up PC

Thu Mar 18 18:01:00 2004

	From your remote PC (the Win98), run a browser to http://gotomyvnc.com/

	It would tell you it has seen an IP address.  If this address is the same as that provided by VNC (put the mouse pointer on VNC icon in the system tray and wait for a second), then in your home PC, you just need to enter that IP address in your viewer and that's it.  Well, since your remote PC is using a dial-up modem, this should be the case for you.  If not, that means your ISP is doing something very strange and you might need to ask it for advice.

	One step further : if your IP address is changing all the time, you might think of using dynamic DNS.  You can find more info in no-ip.com