~/.vnc: No such file or directory

Jukka Mäkinen jukka.makinen "at" ppb.inet.fi
Tue Mar 16 21:22:00 2004

Hello,

I have Debian Woody in my PC. I installed vncserver (3.3.3r2-20) packages with
apt. Everything looks great, but VNC server dont't work.  I get all the time
error like this:

MC:~# vncserver
You will require a password to access your desktops.
Password:
Verify:
~/.vnc: No such file or directory
MC:~#

I really have ./vnc directory and I have try vncpasswd command, but it didn't
help. I got the same messare. I copied from another system passwd files to
the my .vnc direstory, but it didn't help.

Internet didn't give any good answer for this situations. I tried versions
3.3.7-1, but it doens't work. What I can do, that  I can use VNC ?

T. Jukka Mdkinen