Cannot connect to server from outside LAN

William Hooper whooper "at" freeshell.org
Mon Mar 15 13:57:01 2004

Adam\(Webmaster\) said:
> Okay, ports 5800 and 5900 are open. Display # = 0
> Whenever I try to connect with my 123.456.78.9:5800 ip instead of my
> 192.168.1.100:5800,
> I get a Connection Refused Error when trying to access the server from
> the comp running the server.

From the sounds of it you are trying to test this from inside of your LAN?
 If so it might be just as simple as your NAT device not translating ports
correctly from inside (there are some known to have this problem).  A
better test is to have someone outside of your network test for you, or
use:

http://www.gotomyvnc.com

--
William Hooper