R: NT Server refusing connection

Livio Curzola l.curzola "at" t-t.it
Tue Mar 9 08:16:01 2004

Barrie,

which version of VNC Server are you running on your server? If you are
running VNC 4.0b4, have a look on the event log and see if VNC have logged
any error message like "Unable to set sockopt TCP_NODELAY".
If so, I am running into your same problem (except that my machine runs W2K
professional) and to solve it I had to rollback to VNCServer 3.3.7.
VncViewer seems not to have any role in this problem. It pops up independent
of VNCViewer release.
Also, on previous mails I have found someone suggesting to uninstall
ServicePack 6 on your server and go back to ServicePack 5.

I hope that this helps

Regards
Livio Curzola
Software engineer

Tel : +39 0481 523874
mail :l.curzola "at" t-t.it

t&t
telematica e trasporti srl
visit our web: www.t-t.it

Sede
Autoporto pad.A c/o B.I.C. I 34170 GORIZIA
tel. +39 0481 523874 fax +39 0481 523879
e-mail : info "at" t-t.it

its research centre
Area Science Park - Padriciano 99  I 34012 Trieste  Italia
Tel: +39 040 3755371 - fax: +39 040 3755372
e-mail : t-t "at" com.area.trieste.it

************************
This document is intended for, and should only be read by,those persons to
whom it is addressed. Its contents are confidential and if you have received
this message in error, please delete it and notify us immediately, e-mail
"info "at" t-t.it". Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without our
prior written consent is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, and do not necessarily represent
the position of t&t. Furthermore t&t does not authorise nor use e-mail for
official contractual correspondence.  Nothing received in e-mail has any
contractual validity. t&t reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through its networks. This footnote also confirms that this
email message has been checked for known  computer viruses.