Cannot connect to WInXP box with UltraVNC

Peter Coulter peter "at" coulter.ndo.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 08:07:01 2004

Scott,

Inline responses (in a significantly snipped email) ...

As I thought.

> > 2. UltraVNS and NIS 2003 are incompatible
> > I have seen some reports about this and wonder if anyone
> can confirm.
>
> 	Easy test: does RealVNC (either Viewer or Server) work
> in your setup?

Yes, both Viewer and Server work fine (no probs whatsoever) inside the LAN.
So I guess that lays the incompatibility issue to rest!

> ... snip
>
> Have you tried any tunneling of the VNC connection?
> That's a common technique of bypassing the firewall: setup
> your firewalls to work with (say) an SSH connection, then
> just tunnel VNC through that.

That's my next task (in progress).

Thanks.

Peter Coulter